Tea tonight is pork belly diced in a casserole with mash potato. Supermarkets are starting to stock cheaper meat cuts this cost £2.12. I will trim off the fat, fry off the meat, season with salt and pepper and add stock. I normally use a quality stock cube to add flavour 'Kallo'. Into this I will be adding diced carrots, sweetcorn and broccoli (which is just what I have in stock). I will also be adding herby dumplings, really easy, suet, salt, pepper and what ever herbs you have in. In this case it will be parsley and dill and maybe a little drop of Tabasco for bite. I sometimes add grated cheese as well. The whole dish will cost approx £3.50 which is 87p each. Top tip is to search through the reduced shelves, I picked up the potatoes for the mash at 25p, I try and visit the supermarket at 6.45 -7.00pm they have reduced the bread and some veg just put on the shelves. Also if you are buying cheese ignore the relevant isle and head to the deli off cuts because you will get a better deal and taste here. A decent size nice mature cheddar normally cost £2.00 in the off cuts, in the isle £2.00 will buy you a very small piece of own brand mild (no taste) cheddar.
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Freezing!
O my goodness, got into work and found that the heating oil had been stolen again. That is third time in the last 4 months which is a real concern for my employers and our business park. It was so cold that we had to close the office at 2.00pm. We were all shivering and anyway you just can't type with woolly gloves on! I worry that this is a situation that is likely to get worse as the financial constraints close in. Mean while I have had my Happy New Year from the gas company today along with a £179 bill and and MOT needed for my car. I am still upbeat as using my extra time to sort DVD's to go on Amazon and thinking of ways of cutting water consumption (bill) by having a bath curfew! As I am the only one it effects it should not be too hard to convince the family that showers only are the way forward. If I can shave £200 a month off our expenses we may survive this. Its going to be a tough challenge.
Tea tonight is pork belly diced in a casserole with mash potato. Supermarkets are starting to stock cheaper meat cuts this cost £2.12. I will trim off the fat, fry off the meat, season with salt and pepper and add stock. I normally use a quality stock cube to add flavour 'Kallo'. Into this I will be adding diced carrots, sweetcorn and broccoli (which is just what I have in stock). I will also be adding herby dumplings, really easy, suet, salt, pepper and what ever herbs you have in. In this case it will be parsley and dill and maybe a little drop of Tabasco for bite. I sometimes add grated cheese as well. The whole dish will cost approx £3.50 which is 87p each. Top tip is to search through the reduced shelves, I picked up the potatoes for the mash at 25p, I try and visit the supermarket at 6.45 -7.00pm they have reduced the bread and some veg just put on the shelves. Also if you are buying cheese ignore the relevant isle and head to the deli off cuts because you will get a better deal and taste here. A decent size nice mature cheddar normally cost £2.00 in the off cuts, in the isle £2.00 will buy you a very small piece of own brand mild (no taste) cheddar.
Tea tonight is pork belly diced in a casserole with mash potato. Supermarkets are starting to stock cheaper meat cuts this cost £2.12. I will trim off the fat, fry off the meat, season with salt and pepper and add stock. I normally use a quality stock cube to add flavour 'Kallo'. Into this I will be adding diced carrots, sweetcorn and broccoli (which is just what I have in stock). I will also be adding herby dumplings, really easy, suet, salt, pepper and what ever herbs you have in. In this case it will be parsley and dill and maybe a little drop of Tabasco for bite. I sometimes add grated cheese as well. The whole dish will cost approx £3.50 which is 87p each. Top tip is to search through the reduced shelves, I picked up the potatoes for the mash at 25p, I try and visit the supermarket at 6.45 -7.00pm they have reduced the bread and some veg just put on the shelves. Also if you are buying cheese ignore the relevant isle and head to the deli off cuts because you will get a better deal and taste here. A decent size nice mature cheddar normally cost £2.00 in the off cuts, in the isle £2.00 will buy you a very small piece of own brand mild (no taste) cheddar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment